The Purpose and Scope of this Policy
The purpose of this policy is:
- to protect children and young people who receive Mandala Jiu Jitsu School's services
- to provide parents with overarching principles that guide our approach to child protection
This policy applies to anyone working on behalf of Mandala Jiu Jitsu School.
This policy has been drawn up on the basis of legislation, policy and guidance that seeks to protect children in England. A summary of the key legislation is available from www.nspcc.org.uk/learning.
We believe that:
-children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
-we have responsibility to promote welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them
We recognise that:
-the welfare of the child is paramount
-all children, regardless of age, disability, gender assignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation have right to equal protection for all types of harm or abuse
-some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues
We will seek to keep children and young people safe by:
- valuing, listening to and respecting them
- appointing a Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) for children and young people
-adopting safeguarding best practice through our policies, procedures and code of conduct for staff and volunteers
- recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made including enhanced DBS check
-recording and storing information securely
- using our procedures to manage any allegations against staff and volunteers appropriately
- using our safeguarding procedures to share concerns and relevant information with agencies who need to know and involving children, young people, parents, families and carers appropriately
- creating and maintaining an anti-bullying environment and ensuring that we deal effectively with any bullying that does arise
- ensuring that we have a complaints measures and procedures in place
- ensuring that we provide a safe physical environment for our children, young people, staff and volunteers, by applying health and safety measures in accordance with the law and regulatory guidance.
Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO)
Name: Petra Markova de Castro
Vinicius de Castro Nascimento
Phone: 07932505270 / 07956318561
Our club is a member of the BMABA. If you feel that your concerns were not addressed appropriately internally, please contact them to discuss your concerns by contacting the BMABA safeguarding lead on 01798 306546.
We are committed to reviewing our policy and practice annually.
This policy was last reviewed on 16 October 2022.